We use Corralitas meat market cheesy Bavarian sausages for this Jambalaya recipe but any sausage will work.
Corralitos Market and Sausage Company
569 Corralitos Road
Corralitos, CA 95076
Easy Jambalaya Recipe
This is a great weeknight dinner, super easy, fast and it will impress the weeknight crowd for sure, this is not a complex flavored true jambalaya – it is the weeknight, fast version. Serve with a salad.
- 1 Tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 pound sausage (use links above), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Spices
- 2 Tablespoons Tabasco
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- Heat butter in larger saucepan.
- Add vegetables to pot.
- Cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Add sausage; cook 3 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in stock, Cajun Seasonings, tomatoes, and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil.
- Add Rice. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Season with salt and pepper.