The balsamic glaze looks like chocolate syrup and the cheese is a bit disguised amongst the fruit and ice cream in this recipe. The disguised ingredients make this dessert feel like a new discovery for the palette!
Grilled Fruit Kabobs with Balsamic Glaze and Manchego Recipe
- 1 cup Zinfandel wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 firm ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 firm ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 2 firm ripe plums, halved and pitted * we used blackberries instead of plums
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce Manchego cheese, shaved or a harder goat’s milk cheese
Soak your skewers in water first so that they do not burn when you grill the kabobs. Prep the grill and heat to medium-high.
In a saucepan combine the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar and bring to a boil then simmer for 25-30 minutes (making sure you do not burn it) or until it is reduced to 3 Tablespoons.
Slice the fruits in half and cut the cheese into decent size cubes and put one of each on a skewer. Then brush the olive oil onto the fruit and season with salt and pepper. Grill the kabobs for 1 minute on each side.
Serve Kabobs with vanilla ice cream with the balsamic glaze drizzled on top.