The Big Sur Bakery makes the greatest salads. We finally were able to eat at the BSB for dinner last week. It was wonderful. I will write more later about that. This dressing can dress up any salad ingredients, grilled veggies, or pasta salads to add California touch to your meal.
Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe from the Big Sur Bakery Cookbook
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons golden (or white) balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- Grated zest of 1 Meyer lemon
- 3/4 cup rice bran oil or canola oil
Pour the orange juice into a small saucepan and reduce it over medium-high heat until syrupy, 5 to 7 minutes – you should be left with about 1 tablespoon. Put the reduced orange juice, vinegar, mustard, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest into a blender. With the blender running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream, blending until the dressing is thick and emulsified. Transfer the dressing to a plastic container or glass jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
Makes 1 cup
* I didn’t have an orange so I grabbed some frozen orange concentrate out of the freezer and used a few tablespoons of that to create the orange juice reduction.