Zach made these Teriyaki BBQ Wings with a Dill Gorgonzola Dipping Sauce for the super bowl and they were amazing, awesome, and incredibly edible!
Teriyaki BBQ Wings Recipe —>
1 (20 ounce) bottle Kikkoman Takumi Teriyaki, Triple Ginger (we bought this at Whole Foods)
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup honey
3 dashes liquid smoke flavoring
1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
6 cloves crushed garlic
5-8 habanero peppers, seeded and minced (we used 5 and it wasn’t too spicy for me)
3 tablespoons finely grated raw horseradish
18 chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
1. In a medium saucepan mix together teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire, honey, liquid smoke, ginger, garlic, habanero peppers, and horseradish. Simmer 1 hour over low heat, stirring occasionally.
2. Place chicken wings in a large bowl, and coat with 3/4 of the sauce. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
3. Preheat grill for low heat.
4. Lightly oil grate. Discard marinade, and place the chicken onto the hot grill. Cook over low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning occasionally, until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through. Then right before the chicken is done, brush on more sauce/marinade.
Gorgonzola Dill Dipping Sauce
2 1/2 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
3 tablespoons buttermilk
3 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2-3/4 tsp dried dill
1. In a small bowl, mash blue cheese and buttermilk together with a fork. Stir in sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and garlic powder until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.