Persimmons are a California seasonal fruit and I always like to include them in salads when they are available.
We had this Sunset Magazine salad on Thanksgiving and the dressing was great!
Continue for recipe ->
Yield: Serves 4
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon roasted almond oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 ounces small, whole tender lettuces or salad mix (about 1 lightly packed qt.)
- 1 large unpeeled Asian pear, cut in thin wedges
- 2 firm-ripe unpeeled Fuyu persimmons, cut in thin wedges
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
1. In a medium bowl, whisk lime juice, oil, honey, salt, and cayenne until blended.
2. In another medium bowl, gently mix lettuces with 1 to 2 tbsp. dressing. Add remaining ingredients to first bowl with dressing and mix gently to coat.
3. Divide lettuce among 4 salad plates. Spoon fruit mixture on top.